Some friends were talking about the game. The question was: do you think the Dolphins will win this week?
We were all a little unsure. Yeah, they might win. Talent-wise, both teams are probably close.
But there are just so many things pointing to a possible loss:
* Tyrod Taylor is back, and he's shown to be pretty good
* the Dolphins have Benny Hill at QB (one of the guys came up with that one)
* the Bills are at home (and yes they are 1-3 at home, but two losses were to the undefeated Patriots and Bengals)
* there's game film on what the Dolphins are doing, and Bellichick laid out a plan for beating the fins
* the Bills are healthy, and the Dolphins really aren't
* the loss of Wake is pretty big. They played their best when he was healthy
* the Dolphins are thin at Oline and the tackle who played last week was bad
* don't count out Rex Ryan and his ability to coach; he might outfox young Dan Campbell
So we'll see. The Dolphins seem to still be passionate and upbeat. Hearing the coaches and players you can't count them out. If the betting line were any more than Bills by 3, I might take the Dolphins and the points - but that sounds abut right as it is.
I hope I'm wrong, but it's hard to be too optimistic with this team.