The NFL announced today that Dolphins Lamar Miller is a finalist for this week's FedEx Ground Player of the Week award for his performance against the Tennessee Titans (rushed for 113 yards on 19 carries (5.9 avg.) and a touchdown in the Dolphins' 38-10 win). This is Miller's first nomination of the season. You'll find a list of nominees below:
· Detroit Lions quarterback Matthew Stafford threw for 405 yards and four touchdowns for a 117.7 passer rating in the Lions' 37-34 overtime victory against the Chicago Bears.
· San Diego Chargers quarterback Philip Rivers completed 43 of 65 passes (66.2 percent) for 503 yards and two touchdowns for a 99.7 passer rating against the Green Bay Packers.
· San Francisco 49ers quarterback Colin Kaepernick completed 16 of 27 passes for 340 yards and two touchdowns for a 128.2 passer rating in the 49ers' 25-20 win over the Baltimore Ravens.
· New York Jets running back Chris Ivory had 20 carries for 146 yards (7.3 avg.) and a touchdown in the Jets' 34-20 win against the Washington Redskins.
· Green Bay Packers running back James Starks rushed for 112 yards on 10 carries (11.2 avg.), including a 65-yard touchdown in the Packers' 27-20 win against the San Diego Chargers.
· Miami Dolphins running back Lamar Miller rushed for 113 yards on 19 carries (5.9 avg.) and a touchdown in the Dolphins' 38-10 win against the Tennessee Titans.
Every Monday night, following the Monday Night Football game, through Thursday at 3 p.m. ET, fans may visit NFL.com/FedEx to cast votes for their favorite players nominated that week. FedEx and the NFL will announce the winners every Thursday afternoon and award a $2,000 donation in each player's name to their teams' local area chapters of the American Red Cross to assist with disaster relief and preparedness.
Home » Unlabelled » Lamar Miller Nominated for FedEx Ground Player of the Week
Tuesday, October 20, 2015
Posted by David Kennedy