I wanted to let you know that the Dolphins Ryan Tannehill was nominated for the FedEx Air NFL Player of the Week for his outstanding performance against the Minnesota Vikings (threw for 396 yards for a 118.8 passer rating in the Dolphins' 37-35 win). This is Tannehill's first nomination of the year. We'd love for you could encourage your readers to go to NFL.com/FedEx to vote. If Tannehill wins, FedEx will make a $2,000 donation to Miami's local chapter of the American Red Cross.
You'll find a list of nominees below:
· Miami Dolphins quarterback Ryan Tannehill threw for 396 yards for a 118.8 passer rating in the Dolphins' 37-35 win over the Minnesota Vikings.
· New York Giants quarterback Eli Manning threw for 391 yards and three touchdowns for a 148.8 passer rating in the Giants' 37-27 win against the St. Louis Rams.
· San Diego Chargers quarterback Philip Rivers threw for 356 yards and four touchdowns in the Chargers' 38-35 overtime win over the San Francisco 49ers.
· Seattle Seahawks running back Marshawn Lynch tallied 113 rushing yards on 10 carries (11.3 avg.) with two touchdowns in the Seahawks' 35-6 win against the Arizona Cardinals.
· San Francisco running back Frank Gore had 26 carries for 158 rushing yards and a touchdown against the San Diego Chargers.
· Cincinnati Bengals running back Jeremy Hill rushed for 147 yards and a touchdown in the Bengals' 37-28 win over the Denver Broncos.
Every Monday night, following the Monday Night football game, through Thursday at 3 p.m. ET, fans may visit NFL.com/FedEx to cast votes for their favorite players nominated that week. FedEx and the NFL will announce the winners every Thursday afternoon and award a $2,000 donation in each player's name to their teams' local area chapters of the American Red Cross to assist with disaster relief and preparedness.
I'll send you a note if Tannehill gets enough fan votes to take home the Air Player of the Week award, but make sure your readers are using #AirandGround to spread the word!