As we head into the critical home stretch to the season I see a lot of discussion about deciding if joe Philbin will keep his job. I would say up until this point of season my preference would be that he does stay. That has changed from earlier in the season when he was making some bad game management calls and I was leaning for it being time for him to go. From a total team picture, I like the team they have put together; I like Dennis Hickey, I like Bill Lazor, and I like Kevin Coyle. Firing Philbin would more than likely shake all that up and I don’t feel like that would be a giant step in the right direction. With that being said, the rest of season will have a large impact on things. I thought I would mention some various outcomes and what I see happening.
Philbin Stays If..
- Dolphins Make the Playoffs no matter the record.
- Dolphins win 10 or more games
Philbin Will Most Likely Stay if…
- Dolphins finish 9-7
- Dolphins Finish 8-8 and Sweep the Jets with some serious injuries (i.e. wake, grimes, out etc.)
50/50 Philbin Stays (Ross may do some interviews like Harbaugh)
- Dolphins Finish 8-8 Sweeping the Jets without many major injuries
Philbin Will Most Likely Be Gone if…
- Dolphins finish 8-8 with last loss against the Jets causing them to miss the playoffs
- Dolphins finish 7-9 or worse