The first week's nominees were announced today! The Miami Dolphins' Knowshon Moreno was nominated for his outstanding performance against the New England Patriots, rushing for 134 yards and a touchdown. We'd love for you could encourage your readers to go to NFL.com/FedEx to vote. If Moreno wins, FedEx will make a $2,000 donation to Miami's local chapter of the American Red Cross.
You'll find the full list of the nominees below:
· Atlanta Falcons quarterback Matt Ryan threw for 448 yards and three touchdowns in the Falcons' 37-34 overtime victory against the New Orleans Saints.
· Pittsburgh Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger completed 23 of 34 passes for 365 yards and a touchdown as the Steelers defeated the Cleveland Browns 30-27.
· Detroit Lions quarterback Matthew Stafford completed 22 of 32 passes for 346 yards and two touchdowns in a 35-14 win over the New York Giants.
· Miami Dolphins running back Knowshon Moreno rushed for 134 yards and a touchdown in the Dolphins' 33-20 victory against the New England Patriots.
· Seattle Seahawks running back Marshawn Lynch had 20 carries for 110 yards and two touchdowns in the Seahawks' 36-16 victory against the Green Bay Packers.
· Pittsburgh Steelers running back Le'Veon Bell tallied 109 yards on 21 carries and a touchdown in the Steelers' 30-27 victory against the Cleveland Browns.
Every Monday night, following the Monday Night Football game, through Thursday at 3 p.m. ET, fans may visit NFL.com/FedEx to cast votes for their favorite players nominated that week. FedEx and the NFL will announce the winners every Thursday afternoon and award a $2,000 donation in the winning players' names to their teams' local area chapter of the American Red Cross to assist with disaster relief and preparedness.
Vote and use #AirandGround hashtag to spread the word!