I was in attendance for Sundays practice, the first since the preseason game. Here are some of the notes I took down.
- Running Back Damien Williams was doing rehab on the side with Daniel Thomas. He clearly was moving around ok so I don't think his injury is that severe.
- Jimmy Wilson was working in as the starting safety today as to be expected with Jones being suspended. Jimmy is an interesting player. He does not look like a safety but his ability to react to the ball is noticeable.
- Matt Moore and Pat Devlin were back today participating in drills
- At the end of the day in 7 on 7 - Jarvis Landry was impressive. He catches the ball so clean.
- Moreno was practicing again to day. Honestly, he still looks a bit out of shape to me. He has some work to day to get back to game ready.
- Jason Fox left the field with a trainer, and Mike Gillisee had ice on his knee.
- Cortland Finnegan was not at practice. I over heard that there was a death in his family so it was a non medical absence.
-Jamar Taylor looked very quick in drills and Michael Thomas seems to be a similar player to Jimmy Wilson. Will be interesting to see who takes over the nickel slot position with Wilson at safety.
- Earl Mitchell is surprisingly not as big as I thought he was. He kinda reminds me of Chuck Klingbeil in his stature and how he moves.
- Lamar Miller made some impressive catches. When I interviewed him after practice he was clearly excited about this new offense. Almost like a kid with a new toy.
- Koa Misi looks in great shape and is moving well from what I saw. He was quicker than I was expecting.
The starting O-Line was the same. Dallas Thomas appears to be inching closer to locking down the right guard spot. I like Turner but he may be a bit to raw yet.
Brandon Gibson is not 100%. He is fully participating but I notice he is still showing a small limp at times.
Kevin Cone made a really nice catch that was behind him in 7 on 7
Chris McCain is tall and lean. He will need to add on some bulk to be an every down line backer.
Ellerbe was putting in extra work after practice
Watching down on the side line, Holly cow is Mike Wallace fast.
For a live timeline with pictures check out my Twitter Feed. @gofins4sb