Friday, December 04, 2009
From the Dolphins:
In addition to the big AFC East clash on the field, we’re also going to debut our all-new Dolphins Game Day Live - 5th Quarter Show on MiamiDolphins.com. It’s a live postgame show hosted by Barry Buetel and Nat Moore and will feature live press conferences, player interviews and much more. We think this will be a great addition to our online game day line-up.
We’re so proud of the show that we’d like for your sites to help us expose it to as many Dol-Fans as possible.
Dolphins 5th Down Show
Dave says "Check it out. I'm sure it will be great, and a nice addition to the lineup of shows we already have, including, naturally, mine."
Thursday, December 03, 2009
Monster.com, NFL Name 32 Finalists to Find the Next "Director of Fandemonium"
Fans to select next Director to win dream job with year-long access to the NFL
LOS ANGELES, CA – November 30, 2009 – Monster.com®, the leading global online career and recruitment resource and flagship brand of Monster Worldwide, Inc. (NYSE: MWW), together with the National Football League (NFL) today announced the list of 32 finalists and launched the voting phase in their search for the next "NFL Director of Fandemonium." The finalists now begin to campaign for votes as they vie for the season-long role in which the winner will take home a $100,000 signing bonus as well as take part in the behind-the-scenes action at several marquee NFL events during the 2010 season. In addition, voting fans will be eligible to win a trip to Super Bowl XLIV.
"We designed the Director of Fandemonium promotion as an innovative way to showcase Monster's ability to help people improve their lives through work," said Ted Gilvar, executive vice president and chief global marketing officer, Monster. "Fan response has been great during the entry period, and we're looking forward to seeing how our 32 finalists convince the voters they deserve this dream job."
Now that the 32 are determined, their profiles have been posted online at nfl.monster.com where fans can vote for their favorite contestant throughout the remainder of the 2009 NFL regular season, ultimately narrowing down the selection to eight finalists. Those finalists will go head-to-head and compete for votes until only two finalists remain. The final head-to-head, one-on-one "showdown" will take place at the 2010 Pro Bowl weekend in South Florida in January 2010, after which the winner will be crowned by Monster as the next Director of Fandemonium on February 7, 2010, during the CBS pregame show live at Super Bowl XLIV.
The 32 Director of Fandemonium finalists (one per NFL team) were randomly selected from nearly 200,000 applications. The top eight of these finalists will travel to New York City this December for a two day competitive "job interview" to earn the opportunity of a lifetime for an NFL fan.
The Department of Fandemonium finalists are:
- Arizona Cardinals, Brad Totten
- Atlanta Falcons, Simon Sobo
- Baltimore Ravens, Joshua Hammett
- Buffalo Bills, Thomas Sanders
- Carolina Panthers, Tony Swegle
- Chicago Bears, Joseph Geurts
- Cincinnati Bengals, Mark Longbottom
- Cleveland Browns, Ronald Davis
- Dallas Cowboys, Romil Patel
- Denver Broncos, Timothy Love
- Detroit Lions, Daniel Zondervan
- Green Bay Packers, Aretina Trepczyk
- Houston Texans, Marc Anderson
- Indianapolis Colts, Nikki Gott
- Jacksonville Jaguars, Trung Nguyen
- Kansas City Chiefs, Sharon Dickmeyer
- Miami Dolphins, Ralph Lanier Jr.
- Minnesota Vikings, Shannan Drake
- New England Patriots, Lori Wyman
- New Orleans Saints, Kathy Scott
- New York Giants, John Rutherford
- New York Jets, Ayana Kone
- Oakland Raiders, Richard Scott
- Philadelphia Eagles, Michael Kelly
- Pittsburgh Steelers, Stephanie Galbraith
- San Diego Chargers, Amanda Cameron
- San Francisco 49ers, Jose Garcia
- Seattle Seahawks, Sean McKay
- St. Louis Rams, Julie Nettles
- Tampa Bay Buccaneers, Dave Austin
- Tennessee Titans, Ryan Dilbert
- Washington Redskins, Spencer Rhoda
While in New York, these top eight finalists will compete in interactive challenges specifically designed to measure each finalist's NFL devotion and knowledge, under the watch of retired NFL star and Jerome Bettis . The second part the selection process will involve a formal interview with the official Director of Fandemonium Board of Directors, which include NFL and Monster executives as well as Bettis.
"We're looking for the best of the best from these fans," said Bettis. "In my mind, they not only have to prove their team passion, but their love for the game as well. The winner has some pretty big shoes to fill in year two."
Last year's winner and current DOF, Rainier "Onyx" Herrera is living the dream of every NFL fan, having announced a pick at the 2009 NFL Draft, hung out with NFL legends and Grammy Award-winning artists at the at the NFL Kickoff, and more recently participated in pregame ceremonies at the International Game in London. Onyx has been keeping fans updated on his adventures throughout the NFL season on Facebook at www.facebook.com/fandemoniumm and on Twitter at www.twitter.com/MonsterDOF. He is also writing a blog on NFL.com where fans can interact and learn more about the DOF experience.
The behind-the-scenes access for the next Director of Fandemonium will include:
- NFL Draft: Announce a pick at the 2010 NFL Draft (April 2010)
- NFL Kickoff: Act as backstage talent wrangler at the 2010 NFL Kickoff concert (Sept. 2010)
- International Series: Participate in on-field introductions at a game in London (Oct. 2010)
- NFL Thanksgiving: On-field broadcast liaison for NFL Network's Thanksgiving Game (Nov. 2010)
- Wild Card Game: Monitor player uniforms on-field before a 2010 Wild Card Game (Jan. 2011)
- Pro Bowl: Select a play from the sidelines during the 2011 Pro Bowl (Jan/Feb. 2011)
- Super Bowl: Join the coin toss ceremony at Super Bowl XLV (Feb. 2011)
This is a promotion only and not an offer of employment with the NFL. For more information and the official rules of the promotion, please visit nfl.monster.com.
About Monster Worldwide
Monster Worldwide, Inc. (NYSE: MWW), parent company of Monster, the premier global online employment solution for more than a decade, strives to inspire people to improve their lives. With a local presence in key markets in North America, Europe, and Asia, Monster works for everyone by connecting employers with quality job seekers at all levels and by providing personalized career advice to consumers globally. Through online media sites and services, Monster delivers vast, highly targeted audiences to advertisers. Monster Worldwide is a member of the S&P 500 index. To learn more about Monster's industry-leading products and services, visit www.monster.com. More information about Monster Worldwide is available at http://www.about-monster.com.
Wednesday, December 02, 2009
Tuesday, December 01, 2009
Monday, November 30, 2009
Sunday, November 29, 2009
Then it all changed with 6 minutes left. 3 picks doomed Miami and TOs long td didn't help.
But this game was lost on the drive before that when Miami got away from the running game that had been successful to that point.
Yikes. Mandich was rightvwhen he said a stench of manure hovered over the game.
Miami just fell apart late...,,
And next week I has made plans for the afternoon so I will miss that game as well. TiVo may be used. I can't say.
Does that make me a bad fan?