Vote early. Vote often
Begin forwarded message:
Dave,Ricky Williams was nominated for the Week 11 FedEx Ground Player of the Week award. This is his first nomination of the season.The FedEx Air & Ground awards are completely fan driven, so it's up to Dolphins fans to vote for Williams at www.NFL.com/FedEx. If Williams receives the most fan votes, FedEx will make a $1,000 donation in his name to the local Safe Kids USA coalition in Miami to help fund child and pedestrian safety. Depending on specific needs, the donation could go towards painting crosswalks, installing signs, landscaping near sidewalks and playgrounds, installing bike racks, and developing educational programs and events to teach kids about pedestrian safety.Voting ends at noon ET on Friday.The full NFL press release is pasted below. Let me know if you have questions or if you can get in a mention to help drive votes.Thanks,
Dan Kurash312-988-2314VIKINGS QB BRETT FAVRE, BROWNS QB BRADY QUINN & LIONS QB MATTHEW STAFFORD; PACKERS RB RYAN GRANT, TITANS RB CHRIS JOHNSON & DOLPHINS RB RICKY WILLIAMS CANDIDATES FOR FEDEX AIR & GROUND® NFL PLAYERS OF THE WEEK HONORSFans To Vote For Winners On NFL.comFedEx Delivers Pedestrian Safety ImprovementsOn Behalf of Winning Players In Their Teams' MarketsQuarterbacks BRETT FAVRE of the Minnesota Vikings, BRADY QUINN of the Cleveland Browns and MATTHEW STAFFORD of the Detroit Lions are the finalists for the FedEx Air NFL Player of the Week honors for games played on November 19 - 23, while running backs RYAN GRANT of the Green Bay Packers, CHRIS JOHNSON of the Tennessee Titans and RICKY WILLIAMS of the Miami Dolphins are the finalists for the FedEx Ground NFL Player of the Week, the NFL announced today.Fans can vote for one player in each category on NFL.com/FedEx from 9 a.m. EST on Tuesday through noon EST on Friday to determine the FedEx Air & Ground NFL Players of the Week. The winners will be announced Friday evening on NFL.com.Fans will be voting for more than their favorite player. As part of the Air & Ground program, FedEx continues its support of Safe Kids USA – a national non-profit organization that works to prevent accidental injury among children – by making weekly $1,000 donations in the winning players' names. The funding, allocated to local Safe Kids coalitions in that team's city, is used for pedestrian safety improvements throughout the year, from upgraded crosswalks and street signage to traffic barriers and educational training.For a second season, fans can tune into the "FedEx Air & Ground Lowdown" posted exclusively on NFL.com/FedEx starting Wednesday mornings. The show examines the nominees in the Air & Ground categories through exclusive video highlights and expert analysis. NFL Network's RICH EISEN and MARSHALL FAULK host the weekly five-minute show.A closer look at the FedEx Air NFL Player of the Week finalists:
- Minnesota's BRETT FAVRE threw four touchdowns, completing 22 of 25 passes for 213 yards in the Vikings' 35 – 9 win over the Seattle Seahawks.
- Cleveland's BRADY QUINN threw four touchdowns completing 21 of 33 passes for 304 yards in the Browns' 38 – 37 loss to the Detroit Lions.
- Detroit's MATTHEW STAFFORD threw five touchdowns with two interceptions, completing 26 of 43 yards for 422 yards in the Lions' 38 – 37 win over the Cleveland Browns.A closer look at the FedEx Ground NFL Player of the Week finalists:
- Green Bay's RYAN GRANT rushed 21 times for 129 yards and one touchdown in the Packers' 30 – 24 win over the San Francisco 49ers.
- Tennessee's CHRIS JOHNSON carried the ball 29 times for 151 yards in the Titans' 20-17 win over the Houston Texans on Monday Night Football.
- Miami's RICKY WILLIAMS ran in two touchdowns on 22 carries for 119 yards in the Dolphins' 24 – 17 win over the Carolina Panthers on NFL Network's Thursday Night Football.As the Official Delivery Service Sponsor of the NFL, Super Bowl and Pro Bowl, FedEx understands the need for a winning game plan, and created the Air & Ground program to highlight superior on-field performance while delivering safe kids off the field. Because FedEx has thousands of delivery trucks out on the roads each day, the company is committed to funding pedestrian safety improvements through its 10-year partnership with Safe Kids USA.# # #