Sometime in the next week, I'll be starting my next "running item."
Not unlike last year, I'll be looking at how the QB wheel of fortune works out. Here's the deal:
* Miami gave up a 2nd round draft choice for Daunte Culpepper, and then released him. Now, he's going to start for Oakland, because Jamarcus Russell remains unsigned.
* Miami gave up a 5th round pick for Joey Harrington, and then released him. Now, he's going to start for Atlanta, because the other guy has been suspended indefinitely.
* Miami passed on getting Brady Quinn, and he's the frontrunner to start in Cleveland
* Miami took John Beck, who will not be starting this year, unless/until he has an opportunity
* Trent Green is now Miami's starter. Is he better?
And coming in a few weeks, we'll be kicking off the Cheerleader of the Year competition. I want to have a little more time to allow for voting on the various ladies.